Linda Wright, Assessor
Sue Murphy, Administrative Aide
Important Notice *Please submit any Address Changes to the Assessor
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hours for Filing Exemptions - 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
As your assessor I am dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable assessment roll each year. I welcome anyone who may have a question to call and make an appointment to meet with me so I may have the opportunity to meet you and also to hopefully answer your question. The main purpose of the assessor’s office is to provide a service to our customers, which are the taxpayers of the municipality. Maintaining a fair and equitable assessment roll is a very important part of this service.
This office also administers all the property tax exemptions. Many of these exemptions need to be applied for each year and the necessary forms shown below must be in this office no later than March 1st. These forms are available here in the assessor’s office or by going to www.orps.state.ny.us/home/fpp_index.cfm
- Alternative Veterans - RP458-A 2 page Application for Alternative Veterans Exemption from Real Property Service.
- STAR - RP425 2 page Basic and Enhanced Application for School Tax Relief.
- Income Verification Program - RP425-IVP 1 page option for Enhanced STAR.
- Senior Citizen Exemption - RP 467 3 page Application for Partial Tax Exemption of Senior Citizens, includes Enhanced STAR.
- Disabled Persons with limited income - RP459-C 2 pages Application for Partial Tax Exemption of the Real Property of persons with disabilities and limited income.
- Clergy Exemption - RP460 Application for Partial Tax Exemption for Real Property of members of Clergy.
- Agricultural Exemptions - RP305 9 page Application for agricultural land exemption. RP483 2 page Application for agricultural and horticultural building and structures.
- Commercial, Business or Industrial Exemptions - RP485-B 2 page Application for Tax Exemption for Commercial, Business or Industrial Real Property. RP412-A 2 pages application for Industrial Development Agencies.
- Non-Profit Organization - Application for Real Property Tax Exemption for non-profit Organization. Check with Assessor’s office for correct form.
Taxable Status Date: March 1
Valuation Date: July 1
Tentative Roll: May 1
Grievance Day: 1st Tuesday in June
Last Revaluation: 2009
Number of Parcels: Village 1222
Town outside 3042
Equalization Rate - 100% (Uniform level of Assessment)